2009年4月12日星期日

The Great Lakes - St. Lawrence Lowland

THE GREAT LAKES - ST. LAWRENCE LOWLAND REGION

1. Find a picture of this region. Post it and explain what you see in the picture in 3-5 sentences.

I can see the large rocks,the wave that dash out onto the large rocks.The rocks' somewhere has be wet.I can see the land.Beyond is the mountain.And the nearby is a



TOPOGRAPHY


2. Translate the word 'escarpment'

悬崖



3. What is escarpment? Use 3 sentences to explain what you see

The long steep face of a ridge or plateau formed by erosion,scarp.any steep slope, such as one resulting from faulting.A steep slope or cliff.



4. Find a picture of the Niagara Escarpment in this region.






5.Find a picture of a rolling landscape.

This is the rolling landscape.I can see the sun will fall soon.I can see the strange big trees,but it's also beautiful.The sky is almost orange, the cloud,like the orange juice..There must be nightfall. The sun is hide behind the rolling landscape.



6. What is glaciation?

冰川作用。



7. Explain in English 3-5 sentences. What is glaciation?

The process of covering the earth with glaciers or masses of ice.from 11 thousand to 2 millions years ago.extensive glaciation ,time of human evolution.


8. Find a picture of glaciation. Explain what you see in 3-5 sentences.I see the large glaciation. and the protude part is the strange part of the glaciation.The river far away is in the green forest and the mountains.It's very beautiful.

10. There are also flat plains in this region. What do flat plains look like?Find a picture and explain what you see.

I see the a large piece of emblement.I even can't see its edge clear.I see the bule and white/gray clouds.I see the little house that far away from this picture.


11. There are also deep river valleys. What do they look like? Find a picture and explain what you see.

I see the letters in this ..may be a poster.The lake's figure is very strange like a rabbit's ears.The trees in the forest is very colorful,there's red,yellow and green trees.They are close.



12. Find a picture of the Great Lakes. Explain what you see.

I see the green lake.And I see there is many boats. in the lake,like a group of ants.The yellow line that like a fan is the land that made of sand.


13. What is the name of each Great Lake?
1.Lake Ontario
2.Lake Huron
3.Lake Michigan
4.Lake Superior
5.Lake Erie


14. What did you learn about the Great Lakes - St. Lawrence Lowland region?
I learned about this region today.I know this region is a very nature and beautiful region.I know there is many boat,because almost theere is sea.There isn't many high building.Because there is green.Everywhere is green and there must be fresh and naturely.

没有评论:

发表评论