2009年5月5日星期二

The Western Cordillera

THE WESTERN CORDILLERA
This is a mountain in The Western Cordillera Region!


1. Find a photograph of the Western Cordillera Region. Post it.




2. Find a map of The Western Cordillera region.Explain what you see in the map in 3-5 sentences.This region has range after range of mountains, separated by plateaus and valleys. The Rocky Mountains are the most easterly range of mountains in this region.
There are many region I can see.There is:Interior Plains,Great Lakes-St.Lawrence Lowlands,Atlantic&Gulf Region,Western Cordillera,Canadian Shield,Sub-Arctic,Plateau.




3. Find picture you like of the Rocky Mountains.Explain why you like it in 5-8 sentences.

I love this picture.Because the sky looks sooooo clean!!The mountain is very high,the white part on the top of the mountain,may be they are snow.It was so splendid.There is a wisp of gray cloud,it looks cool!!So the mountain must be very high.The picture everywhere is green,looks comfortable.


4. The Rocky Mountains are fold mountains.a. How are fold mountains made? Use your OWN words to explain this process.Go to this website to find the answer: http://library.thinkquest.org/17701/high/geofeatures/fefoldmt.html.What are some other examples of fold mountains?
I think fold mountains' form is cause of the earthquake,or something that in early years crush on the mountain.The earthquake occur so the mountains change into the crossbedding.The soil extrusion the sediment layers.So it forms a fold moutain.The layer of soil between the topsoil and bedrock.



5. Find a photograph of another fold mountain in the world. Post it.Explain what you see in 3-5 sentences.
I can just see a large rock.May be it is a part of the fold mountain.There is moss on the rock.The sky is so blue that like a sea and near violent.

6. There are a lot of mountains in this region, would you want to live here?Tell me three reasons why or why not.
I don't want to live there.
#Because the moutains are so large that make me afraid.
#There is no semaphore.
#I will miss my mum and dad.

7. What did you learn today? Explain in 5-8 sentences.
I learned about the moutains.I know what is the FOLD MOUNTAINS is.I know how fold moutains' form.I know the regions there.And I knowthe region's name.

没有评论:

发表评论