2009年5月10日星期日

Arctic.

1. Find a map that shows you the Arctic Region in Canada. Explain what you see in 3-5 sentences.

I can see the place that in the region.They are many region:Pelly bay.Cambridge bay.And some others.


2. Find a picture of the Arctic region you like or don't like. Explain what you see in 5 sentences!

I like this picture.Those are polar bear.I always want to see the lovely huge polar bear.I can see the snow on the ice.And the polar bears sit there cutely.





3. The Arctic region's climate has long, cold winters and short, cool summers! There is very little precipitation in this region. What would your life be like if you lived here? Explain in 5-8 sentences.

If I live there,I think I would not happy.Because the winter is long and cold.It would frozen my ears.But there is still a short summer.I could swim there.I would like to take an umbrella,to avoid the rain.I would take some food and snacks,to make my life there more interesting.May be in winter the violent wind would blow my house up.So I would build my house hard.



4. The Arctic region's vegetation include small shrubs, mosses and lichens.

a. Translate shrub into Chinese.
灌木。
b.Translate mosses into Chinese.
苔藓。
c.Translate lichens into Chinese.
地衣。

5. The Purple Saxifrage is a low-lying plant that grows in the Arctic region. Can you find a picture of this plant?




6. Trees cannot grown on tundra.

a. What is tundra? Translate into Chinese.
苔原。
b. Explain what is it in English in 2-3 sentences.
A vast treeless zone lying between the ice cap and the timberline of North America and Eurasia and having a permanently frozen subsoil.



7. Find a picture you like of the Arctic tundra. Post it! Explain what you like about it in 3-5 sentences.
I like this picture.Because the tundra looks so cool and large.It seems I can ly there for a whole day!!Or I could drive a car.I think no body could stop me there.

没有评论:

发表评论