2009年5月7日星期四

Western Cordillera Part 2

Let's continue with the Western Cordillera Region!


1. Find a picture of the Douglas Fir. Post it. Have you seen this tree?

Yes,I have ever seen it.



2. How can you remember what this tree looks like and it's name?
There is a tree outside our class.Every day I go there so I can see the tree.
3. Find a picture of Western Hemlock. Have you seen this tree before?

Yes.I've seen it before.


4. When you look at a Western Hemlook, what is special about this tree. Tell me 3 things about this tree?
1.Straight
2.High.
3.Always be green.

5. There are many mountains in this region. What do you think happens to the vegetation when we get higher up to the mountain? Can you guess?
I think When I get on the top of the mountain,I would feel nervous.May be I would suffercate.Because there is less air on the top of the mountain than land.




6. In the southern part of the Western Cordillera region, there is less rain. If there is less rain, do you think the great evergreen trees will grow?
Yes.Because the evergreen trees are adamant.At least there is much sunshine.So if there is no water,the trees would still grow well.




7. The largest trees in the world exist in this region. They can be found in the United States because this region is very long and goes all the way down into Canada's neighbor!!! These trees are called "Giant Sequoias".


a. Find a picture of a Giant Sequoia you like. Explain why you like or don't like it in 3-5 sentences.

I see the HUGE Giant Sequoia tree.The human being just like a ant under the tree.I like this picture.It isn't be puff.It is the real tree.

8. What did you learn today? Explain in 5-8 sentences. Be serious!!!!
The most impressed thing is the HUGE tree!!!It is so huge.I know 3 kinds of trees today. I know their names.I know 3 things about the WESTERN HEMLOCK.I thought I can see them in Canada.But also ion China.Except the last huge Giant Sequoia tree.

没有评论:

发表评论